My journey toward a peaceful, organized family, home and life!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This Week's Meal Plan

This is going up a bit late...

I had to come up with this week's meal plan a little differently than I usually do. My typical process involves finding recipes that look easy and delicious and then purchasing any items I need. This time, I had to take stock of what was in my fridge, freezer and pantry to create this week's meal plan. This was a good experience for me!

I had a budget of $100 to get essential perishables from Costco for the next 2 weeks! I'm definitely not used to working with a limit (our usual bill is between $250-$350) but I managed wonderfully, though I did have to use my meager savings to buy bread.

My husband usually works late on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and so I don't do anything fancy on those days. Here's what we have going for this week:


Monday (yesterday): Crockpot Chicken in Mushroom Sauce (the whole family enjoyed!)

Tuesday (today): Beef & Pasta (already cooking in the crockpot!)

Wednesday: Mac & Cheese (another crockpot recipe... I LOVE my slow cooker!)

Thursday: Grilled PB & J**

Friday: Homemade Pizza (this was on the menu last week but while I had intended to make dough, we had some refrigerated dough that needed using)

Saturday: Beef Dip (recipe below)

Sunday: Crockpot Chicken in Sauce

**I have previously tried Peanut Butter Cup Grilled Sandwiches, which were quite fun. I later learned about Grilled Peanut Butter and Jam Sandwiches, which we will try this Thursday.

Beef Dip recipe
This is something I do from memory. It's a recipe I received from my neighbor and friend.
  • roast (I usually thaw mine first but this doesn't mean cooking from frozen isn't possible!)
  • packet dry onion soup mix
  • about 3/4 cup of water or beef broth/whatever
Throw it all in the crockpot around 2pm on low and by dinner, it's good to go! Slice it up and serve au jus on buttered, oven-toasted french bread.

    What I Recommend from Last Week (stuff even my kids liked!)

    2 comments:

    Sabrina said...

    I don't know how balanced a meal Grilled P&J sandwiches are...Will you be serving something else with them? Looks like menu planning is helpful to you. Keep it up!

    Tigriswillreign said...

    I usually serve raw veggies with my "unbalanced" meals... ;)

    Post a Comment

    Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!