My journey toward a peaceful, organized family, home and life!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Recipe Binder

This is one of the first projects I started during this organization kick. I finished it in pretty good time but then I wanted to add some pretty paper to the front/spine. I have TONS of patterned paper but I just couldn't seem to coordinate bringing the binder to my craft room.

Finally done! Well, I may eventually add a label (printed or stamped) but for now, I just like looking at the pattern.


 As you can see, it is quite a large binder. It has to be with all the dividers I have inside!


Each of the dividers has pockets! These were a fabulous find at the dollar store!

 Within my Menu Planning section, I have subcategories...
 At the beginning of every section (ie. Desserts, Entrees), I have a free printable from I Heart Organizing. I will use this to track "Tried and True" recipes from other sources (ie. cookbooks, my other recipe compilations).

My categories are vast!
  • Menu Planning
  • Breakfast - Pancakes
  • Breakfast - Waffles (I need to divide out the pumpkin recipes in both of these breakfast categories!)
  • Breakfast - Other
  • Breads/Muffins
  • Appies/Dips
  • Soups
  • Salads
  • Sides
  • Entrees - Pasta (I plan on subdividing this by meat)
  • Entrees - Beef
  • Entrees - Chicken
  • Entrees - Pork
  • Entrees - Vegetarian
  • Entrees - Other (for things like sausage or tuna... I don't care for any other type of seafood)
  • Desserts - Cakes
  • Desserts - Cookies
  • Desserts - Other (I need to divide out the pumpkin recipes in Desserts as well... love me some pumpkin!)
  • Beverages
  • Cooking Tips
I will probably further subdivide my poultry into chicken and turkey and all my entrees will have a slow cooker section. I like being able to find what I want, when I want it!!

Here's a quick video I did just because I'm a nerd like that!!



I've linked this up to A Bowl Full of Lemons here and to Delightful Order here.

{Edited to add:} I was featured!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like a great system. It must have been a lot of work. I love how you added the paper. It's so cute.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Tiffany Ford said...

Wow! Your binder looks amazing! Great job!

Becki Madsen said...

You have some awesome ideas too! I love your recipe binder! Lookin forward to checking in regularly!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!