My journey toward a peaceful, organized family, home and life!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This Week's Menu Plan

Still scraping by with a weekly menu plan. I plan on upping it to biweekly before attempting monthly but haven't organized/pepped myself up enough.

Last week, I didn't even have a menu plan and I still did very well. A side benefit of menu planning that I hadn't expected is that you have a better idea of the recipes on hand so that when you find that pork tenderloin in the freezer while rearranging a bit, you know exactly what you're going to make with it.

Monday (today): I threw in some of what I call "Crockpot Chicken" (see recipe here)

Tuesday: Sloppy Joe Pie

Wednesday: Bratwurst Stew (I had this recipe on a previous plan or two, but have still never made it!)

Thursday: Italian Sausage Enchiladas

Friday: Chicken Noodle Casserole

Saturday: frozen pizza

Sunday: Slow Cooker Meatballs

On the recommendation of a former vegetarian, I picked up this book at Costco. Ever since attending a little seminar she put on regarding pulses (beans, lentils, etc.), and being a former vegetarian myself, I've been wanting to incorporate them into my diet more... Be prepared for plenty of quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) and bean dishes coming up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!