My journey toward a peaceful, organized family, home and life!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weekly Menu Planner

Jen just shared some awesome reader kitchen ideas!

One of the photos was a DIY menu planner. Seeing it reminded me that I had not only made my weekly menu planner, I actually use it! At least, sometimes I use it...


My pantry is one of the things on my Organizing To Do List, but it's not too bad.  ;)


Okay, so my complete ignorance of "handy" terminology is going to embarrass me here...

This menu planner is made from a board of some sort that I covered with chalkboard paint. The second coat was applied about half an hour later. Once completely dry, I applied the precut vinyl words with transfer tape. (You could use a personal electronic cutting device, such as a Cricut or Silhouette, to make these but I didn't.) I rubbed the entire board with chalk (it was so sad to  cover that perfect blackness!) and then wiped it off with a paper towel (chalkbrush would be ideal, but I don't have one).

That's it! Ready to go!

I definitely can't take credit for this idea since I made it at a church function!  ;)

Now if only I would consistently plan my menus

I linked this to the link party at A Bowl Full of Lemons One Project at a Time here.

4 comments:

IHeart Organizing said...

Oh my goodness that board in divine! I just adore it! xoxo!

Anonymous said...

What kind of board did you use??

Tigriswillreign said...

I want to say particle board or MDF??

Anonymous said...

Can you make one of these to sell?

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!